Karthik S Kateel, Bsc , M.A.
D.O.B and place of birth: 16-10-1992: Udupi
Address: #1-29(9), Kondemoola grama, jalakada Katte, Ajar, Kateel -574148. Mangalore, Dakshina Kannada, Karnataka.
Fathers name: Prof. Suresh
Mothers name: Mrs. Shobhalatha
Languages known: English, Kannada, Tulu and Hindi
Marital Status: Single
- Founder, Swaraksha for Women Trust®
- General Secretary Jeet Kune Do Association, Karnataka.
- Grand Master Trainer, Indian Red Cross Society, YRC, Karnataka.
- Mixed Martial artist (Karate, Taekwondo, Muay Thai, Jiu Jistu), Black Belt 1st Dan in Karate and Black Belt In JKD.
- Trained more than 1, 54,000 women and students of 493 institutions on how to defend themselves against rape and harassments.
- 6 times national and 16 times state level gold medal winner in martial arts.
- State level gold medal winner in biology and chemistry seminar and Power Point Presentation competitions.
- Won many awards in Drawing, Origami, Volley Ball, Debate, Essay and Elocution competitions.
AWARDS AND HONOURS RECEIVED:
- Recipient international certificate of achievement from prof. Mehedi javadhi Ranjbar, Iran.
- Recipient “Muktha Tulu Film Award 2016” for “Best Action” in a tulu movie.
- Recipient “YUVA PRATHIBHA PURASKAR “by Dakshina Kannada jilla Kannada Sahitya Parishath and Kallkura Prathistana.
- Recipient "SWARAKSHA RATHNA" Award from St. Mary's College and PG Centre, Shirva.
- Recipient "OUTSTANDING PERFORMER IN MARTIAL ARTS" from Pandu Ranga Ramana Nayak Amratha Bharathi VidhyaKendra of Hebri, Udupi District.
- Recipient "KARATE MAANTRIKA KARTHIK S KATEEL” tiltle from D.K jilla Gaaniga Yaane Sapaliga association (R), Mangalore.
- TV channels and mangalorean.com have recognised me as “Dakshina kannada's best martial artist ".
- TV channels have recognised him and telecasted special programmes about him in their respective channels. Namely " MANGALURINA EKALAVYA " in TV 9 , " STUNT EKALAVYA " in SUVARNA NEWS , " NAMMA EKALAVYA " in NEWS 9 ,"KARATE KARTHIK" in SAMAYA NEWS, "EYE to EYE" in UDUPI channel, " NAMMA NADU NAMMA JANA " in UDAYA NEWS , " KARATE KALI " in V4 NEWS , " EXTRA ORDINARY " in SPANDHANA , "CAMPUS EYE" in V4 NEWS, “SWARAKSHANE” in ‘Udupi Channel’ and ‘Naavu Abaleyaralla' and "Muktha Vedike" in Muktha Channel'.
- Radio named SARANG 107.8FM telecasted live on air programme named “HRUDAYA RAGA" and RADIO MIRCHI 3FM telecasted a programme named " HOT SEAT" , “AAKASHAVANI MANGALORE” telecasted a programme named “YUVAVANI” .
- Many state, national and international articles were published about me in newspapers and online websites.
- Recipient of felicitations from Mangalore Univeristy Konaje, Kuvempu University Shivamogga , Indian Red Cross Society, NIMHANS College of Nursing Bangalore Karnataka, Sapalya Seva Sangha, Mumbai, Samskruthi Association, Mysore ,GYSP Youth association, Mangalore, St.Marys Degree College, Shirva, GYSP Bantwal, Lions ans Lioness Club, Manipal, Yuva Shakthi Association Shibaroor, Ajapura Karnataka Sanga Brahmavar, Government First Grade College, Kodlipete, Kodagu, Vijaya Degree College Mulki, Inner Wheel Club Kinnigoli, Lions Club Parkala, SVT Womens degree College Karkala, Konkan Education trust Kumta , Nirmala Composite Pu College Brahmavar, Pompei Pu college Aikala, Lions club Belman, Rotary club surathkal and Saphaliga Seva Sangha, Mundkur, Government first grade College, T.Narasipura, De Paul Institutions, Mysore, Lions Club Kateel - Yekkar, Government FG College, Nelmangala, Sri Basaveshwara womens college, Nelamangala, Sri Krishna Degree college, Bangalore.
- Because of His Unique Swaraksha for women programme he got opportunity to meet President of India on 13-2-2018 in Rastrapathi Bhavan, New Delhi.
- He was also been appointed as the “District icon” of Udupi District 2017-2018 by election commission to spread awareness and importance of electoral participation.
- He was also been appointed as the “District icon” of Udupi District 2018 for Swaccha Grama Sarvekshana 2018.
- He is also appointed as the GRAND MASTER TRAINER – for Self Defence of Youth Red Cross wing, Indian Red Cross Society, Karnataka State on 30-9-2018.